A quick 'bonjour' from Carcassonne

Here I am again just in case you thought I had forgotten my blogspot completely,  truth is the summer has just flown by rather wonderfully. The picture is of le Pont Vieux, the Medieval bridge crossing the River Aude to La Cité taken very early one morning in the summer, one of those morning when you simply have to leap out of bed and grab the moment. I posted it up on my facebook page

The weather has been stunning this year and I have been able to visit the coast quite a few times and enjoy quiet moments on some of my favourite beaches, Gruissan Plage with the beautiful natural area of La Clape as a backdrop and Biquet Plage, both long stretches of soft sand with crystal clear sea.  I find a day on the beach is both energising and invigorating. Both are within easy driving distance of Carcassonne when you want to escape for the day which occasionally is a real treat !

I've met some delightful people along the way from all over the world who regale me with tales of their lives and travel experiences.  From talented artists, learned professors, faith healers, honeymooners to name but a few, all have been captivated by the history and splendor of the building and charmed by its quirks and by large the compliments for No.11 have flowed in and as I look back on my second season I am proud of what I have achieved although everyday should be a learning curve...

Thank you to all of you for enriching my life, it has been a pleasure to meet you.

One last peek though at where I'm heading this week, catch you all soon I promise x





Comments

It all sounds wonderfully relaxing and you capture it so well what a great place to re charge ones batteries before winter comes knocking at the door!
Frances said…
Oh Sally, I am glad that this summer season has treated you so well.

May this trend continue as autumn arrives. Bet that it does!

xo
Pondside said…
You make us all wish to be in your part of the world!
Grouse said…
After the weather here this winter I'm ready to pack my bags, Sally! It looks stunning and just the ticket to slough off the doldrums.
Grouse said…
Did I say winter? It was supposed to be summer!!! Book me a room now!!!!!!!!

Popular Posts