Snow, Music and other matters...

 
  
It's 1st February 2013, how did that happen so quickly ? one minute I was idly wondering if the end of the world really was nigh and the next thing I know Christmas has been and gone, New Year has been drunk out and rung in and  once again to the lovely people that faithfully follow my blogspot, 'I'm sorry' naughtily neglectful of me I know to keep doing my vanishing act...

Snow
I've been nudged into action by Toby who effortlessly knocked off three blogspots in a week or something equally impressive 'The snow in France' ,talking of which need I remind you that there are terrific ski resorts within easy driving distance of No.11, the above picture was taken with my eye's closed from Ax-les-Thermes, I wanted to go into the spa but there you go, another time...

Music
Moving swiftly ahead The Music Festival of Carcassonne has announced this year's acts for the summer, take a peek at the line-up on the Festival de Carcassonne's website

I'm impressed this year,  Carcassonne now hosts one of France's largest music festivals, 120 shows of which 80 are free, amongst this years offerings are Artic Monkeys, Smashing Pumpkins, Liza Minnelli, Patti Smith, Lou Reed, Elton John and Mark Knopfler (I shall HAVE TO go to this one), oh and David Guetta who conveniently plays the night of the 'Gorgeous One's' 21st birthday. Looks like there's another lively summer on the way !

Other matters
No.11 has been given a spruce up with gorgeous deep colours from the French Heritage range, striking and totally in keeping with the age and history of this wonderful building. I've been totally engrossed with this new project so have become something of a recluse, not so reclusive however that I couldn't sit in Place Carnot and take a leisurely lunch this week.

I won't leave it so long next time I promise, another one of my New Year resolutions is to write more, that's along with the eat less chocolate, drink less wine and never ever have more than one large slice of gateau...



Comments

Popular Posts